Monday, June 27, 2011

Quentin's Experiences

When I was heading to Furman on Monday, I knew that I was not only representing myself, but I was representing an entire school district. The campus was so beautiful,and the dorms... Oh baby those dorms were nice. Playing Mafia was fun and I am the Undisputed Silent Killer of Mafia, I like hanging out with all the girls and boys (especially Katie, Aryana, Nina and Syiah). On Monday, we took a tour of downtown Greenville which was nice, and we got to talk to a couple of City Council members about their lives.

Tuesday-Thursday were days that I believed changed my focus on public service, especially on Tuesday when we actually went to the Frazee Dream Center, where we got to hang out with underprilvaged kids and at the Tribune Mercy Center where people who are struggling try to get back on their feet.

I left EPL with a whole new feeling on life, and I hope to bring my "Teen Vote" project to greater heights.

To Kelly, Alexis, and Brooke: Thank you for this opportunity. Already missing both Reece and Keda so much. Hope to see all my fellow EPL-ers in March (especially Katie, Aryana, and Nina).

Quentin Smalls

No comments:

Post a Comment