Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Austin- EPL Blogpost

I've attended multiple camps and events designed to hone leadership in the younger generation, and I can honestly say that, thus far, Emerging Public Leaders has been the most influential. As soon as I stepped foot on Furman's beautiful campus, there was a feeling of welcome and unity. I really enjoyed the team building activities on the ropes course on the first day, and I feel like the activities helped ease the transition from being strangers to friends. When I first heard about focusing on the concept of leadership through service I was somewhat skeptical, but after volunteering at the Frazee dream center and visiting the Triune Mercy Center I realized that service is a vital component of being an effective leader. So far I have really enjoyed my time and Furman, and this school has definitely climbed to the top of my list of colleges I want to attend. The city of Greenville is beautiful, especially the downtown area. Overall, the guest speakers have been wonderful, the counselors have been cool, and my fellow emerging leaders have been awesome.
-Austin Ambrose

No comments:

Post a Comment